Flexible open distance Education
Flexible Open and Distance Education is School at home. Students who study with FODE, study school subjects in their own time and in their own home.
FODE is for students who wish to do their school studies but for various reasons cannot go to a school (institution). Students can be school leavers, handicapped people, employed or unemployed, teenagers or adult, single or married. Anyone who wishes to improve his/ her education may study with FODE. The College does provide classrooms, class teachers or accommodation for students but has a large staff who are working to help you.
The determination of students for FODE program is by Entry - Test. There are two tests - English and Mathematics. Students who have completed grades 10 may take the MSP Entry Test. Those who pass the Test will be able to enroll for the program.
FODE will also develop further adult education, adult literacy and short technical and vocational orientated courses, taking advantage of advances made in information communication technology.
Click Here To Download Application Form
1. Students who choose to complete their Grades 7 to 12 education through FODE will still be able to gain entry into the formal system at the points of exit.
2. Those who want to complete Grades 7 to 12 regardless of their age, employed or unemployed, married or single, etc.
3. Students who want to complete matriculation programs to progress into tertiary institutions.
4. Students undertaking technical or vocational training courses.
You can go to the Centre to:
• Take a Pre-Enrolment Test or an exam
• Enroll and collect new lesson materials
• Hand in Workbooks or Assignments for marking
• Collect marked Workbooks or Assignments
• Talk to your Provincial Coordinator or Supervisor about your studies
• Get advice from you Provincial Coordinator and Supervisor
|Grade 7 & 8||Grade 9 & 10||Certificate in MSP|
|Mathematics||Formal Mathematics||English 1|
|Science||Practical Mathematics||English 2|
|Commerce||Social Science||Basic Mathematics|
|Environmental Studies||History of Science & Technology|
*Optional Courses: Science Stream
Biology, Chemistry & Physics
*Optional Courses: Social Science Stream
Geography, Economics, Asia and The Modern World, History
For Certificate in MSP, You must complete 8 courses, 5 compulsory and 3 optional courses